View on Instagram
View on Instagram
This truly is a once in a lifetime opportunity to own a converted fire station home which was featured on HGTV’s House Hunters. The renovation focused on creating a unique Live/Work opportunity as the firetruck garage was converted to an 1800 sq.ft. office. The “home” features a gigantic living room and you will enjoy an open concept floor-plan complete with a fire pole, 4 bedrooms 2.5 baths with flowing natural light. The property is comprised of three lots giving you 90 feet of frontage and a huge yard.
The property is surrounded by custom CorTen steel fencing, a new 2 car detached garage made of ipe Brazilian hardwood, large concrete patio, 3 high efficiency zoned HVAC systems and a new roof. You’ll also find a $12,000 wood burning fireplace and an Italian gas range. A true craftsman’s work shop in the lower level.
QUICK FACTS: Address: 3934 Enright Ave, 63108 Price: $425,000 Website: More Here 4 Beds, 3 Baths Living Area: 5,520 Sq. Ft. Lot Size: 0.321 Acres Pr/Sqft: $76.99 Listed by: Ted Disabato, 3142761318 TdD Premier Real Estate
Excerpts of “Architecture of the Private Streets of St. Louis. The Architects and the Houses they Designed” by Charles C. Savage 1987
Only recently has the name Fullerton’s Westminster Place been revived, reflecting an awareness of the origins of this once private street. A neighborhood association, reinstated only within the last two decades, recognizes that the two blocks, 4300 and 4400 Westminster, contain more residences of architectural interest than any other comparable blocks in the city. Nearly every important architect working on the turn of the century is represented here.
J.S. Fullerton bought this property in 1882 from the Charter Oak Insurance Company of Hartford, Connecticut, which had surveyed the land and been holding it since 1877. Before that, it had been, like Vandeventer Place, part of the “Grand Prairie” common fields. As with Lucas Place, through traffic was restricted rather than cut off, and there was no elliptical greensward, or median park. Deed restrictions were established: No dwelling could be built on a lot fewer than 60 front feet; No dwelling could cost less than $10,000; And no dwelling could be in front of a 25 foot setback line. Pitzman Surveyed for many of the architects and the clients built here.
Fullerton commissioned W. Albert Swasey to design the subdivision’s gates, 1893, at Boyle Avenue on the eastern end and at Taylor on the west, and its first houses. Designed and built between 1892 and 1895, these houses number 13 today, although Swasey claimed in 1900 to have been commissioned to design fourteen. As a group built in the first half of the nineties, all variations of one another in plan and elevation and all from the same drawing board, these houses are not without interest. They are even more remarkable because their elevations clearly reflect the sequence of the national trends in style — Romanesque, Italian Renaissance, and colonial Georgian.
Several of these houses are in the Romanesque-French Renaissance style with prominent round tower and arcaded porch, forerunners of Grable & Weber’s No. 4411, whose lot Pitzman surveyed for Mary H. Semple in 1891. Weber’s hand is recognizable in the firm’s more classical mode.
www.4411Westminster.com | $1,295,000
Listed by Ted Wight, Dielmann Sotheby’s International Realty, 314-607-5555, email@example.com